I decided to write a post on my top ten favorite things… book related.
1. Favorite book ever – Broken by Megan Hart; Erotica with so much heart… I just will never forget this one!
2. Favorite Book of 2013 – Ok I have two here, very distinct books but so so good! Confessions Collection Vol. 1 by Leila DeSint (Dark Erotica) and Real by Katy Evans (Contemporary Romance)
3. Favorite Book Couple – Brooke Dumas and Remington Tate (Real by Katy Evans); I just finished this one and my heart is still hurting 😦 an incredibly sweet, crazy, devastating at times, but overall beautiful love story. (Review to come!)
4. Favorite steamy scene – Bianca Karlsson and James Cavendish (Mile High by R.K Lilley); the scene on horseback (posting trot) jeez!
“Do you want a posting trot Bianca?” James asked, his voice a growl. I though of the exaggerated movements of a posting trot. Oh God, yes, I wanted that.
“Yes,” I moaned.
“Beg me for it,” he said.
I’m not sure anything can top that scene… also I’m not sure whether what they did is physically possible, R.K should have put a warning not to try that at home!
5. Favorite ending – Broken by Megan Hart;
“There is only one truth of which I feel confident, one thing I know that nothing else can change. This month, my name is Sadie.”
You have to read the book to know why that gave me chills!
6. Favorite Series – The Kathleen Turner Series by Tiffany A. Snow; I absolutely love this series! It has romance (a love triangle that seriously has me changing teams as I turn the pages!), suspense (I love the plots that change with every new book) and a heroine I can relate to.
7. Favorite ‘bad’ guy – These are the men we can’t call ‘heroes’ but I end up rooting for because I’m kinda twisted 😉 Its between Caleb (The Dark Duet by C.J Roberts), Søren (The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz) and Frankie (Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan). Caleb kidnaps the heroine, Søren is a sadist and Frankie is so crazy I’m not sure what to call him! But I think the winner is Caleb… sigh.. Caleb!
“In the dark, my master let down his guard and he was Caleb again. He didn’t correct me. He didn’t punish me. He didn’t push me away emotionally. Caleb was there to hold me until the nightmares passed. He was there to tell me I was beautiful. He was there to tell me I was going to be okay. In the dark, he seduced me. I didn’t want the seduction to end.”
8. Favorite book moment – This was hard to choose but I pick a Travis scene (Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire). This scene just melted me
“You can’t tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”
In the second it took him to turn and face me, his expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face. “WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.”
9. Favorite WTF moment – Ok this definitely goes to the last few pages of Consequences by Aleatha Romig. I don’t ever recall my heart beating that fast and also I don’t recall ever buying a sequel that fast, I just had to know what happens next!
10. Book that once I finished reading, I immediately started re-reading (its crazy but I do it!)
The Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L James, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and Real by Katy Evans <–I’m re-reading this one and I just finished! I just can’t bring myself to read another book